Monday, January 18, 2010

Obsessed with Twilight???? Me????? Part 2

My last blog post left me feeling that it was..... incomplete.  Like I posted prematurely before I got it all off my chest.  It's been rattling around in my head the last 2 days, so here goes.  I have a few things that I want to say about this obsession thing.


Since my last post, a few things have happened.  First, that exact conversation that I recounted in my last post - happened later that very night.  Almost verbatim.  I swear to God!  So I just laughed out loud.....husband and son had no idea why I just busted out laughing.   It all started because my son somehow accidentally got my invite for the New Moon Release Party in March on Facebook.  I still don't know how the fuck that happened.  They knew in the backs for their minds that I was throwing another party this year, but I was planning on springing that on them more subtly.  After my son was going on and on, and I'm laughing, my husband said something that he has never said before.  "Yeah, I think you're a little obsessed". And he said it in a very condescending way.  What happened to remaining neutral?  I can blow it off when my obnoxious 13 year old says it, but when my husband said it, it hurt.  It hurt so much that I took down all my visible Twitardedness (thank you JJ and STY for the term!)  No more desktop wallpaper, no more screensavers, no more New Moon Calendar on the fridge, you get the picture.  I even took the "I Run With Vamps" shirt I was wearing that day and turned it inside out in protest.

Is it possible to have an "obsessive" personality?  I think it is, and I think I have one.  Not in a bad way, like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.  In a fun way.  Let me state for the record, that this obsessive thing is not a new thing for me.  I'm into many things.....including Harry Potter.  But there have been a few things in my life that have become obsessions.  Let me present some evidence.

Exhibit A

My room in high school - wall-to-wall-to-ceiling Beatles!


From the age of 13 until.....well, I'm not sure......I began my obsession with the Beatles.  "Fest for Beatles Fans" (formerly known as, and still know by me as, Beatlefest) every year, every Beatle album, bootleg, video, poster, you name it, I had it.  Don't get me wrong....I still love the Beatles with all my heart, but after 25 years, I've grown beyond the obsessive stage.  Trust me though, I used to eat, sleep, drink Beatles.

Exhibit B


A more recent obsession.  Yes, I am very serious.  The Wiggles.  I know, I'm crazy. My youngest son Matthew introduced me to the Wiggles when he was 2.  So being a good Mommy, I bought tickets to a Wiggles concert.....and I was hooked.  Don't judge me, please!  You have know idea how catchy those friggin songs are or how absolutely hot Anthony Field is.   Seriously. I have a story to go with that statement.  I actually took Matt to a total of 3 Wiggles concerts.  One of the concerts, I drove 3 hours down to Peoria because I went on Ticketmaster the night before and got some front row seats that were released at the last minute.  So we get in our seats and this mom behind comments on how great these seats are.  I said we will be able to see Anthony really well, and she does that fake laugh and then very seriously says "Anthony is MINE!"  No shit....I swear to God.  That really happened.




Okay, so my point is this. My husband knew me way back then and accepted my Beatles obsession without question. My oldest son himself, went through a little Beatle thing himself for a while there. They didn't give me this much shit when I friggin ordered my very own Wiggles shirt from Australia, no less. (FYI - for 2 of the 3 Wiggles concerts, my oldest son INSISTED on coming!) So why, oh why, are they so down on me for my Twilight Obsession?????? This is soooooooo not as wierd as my Wiggle obsession. I will be the first to admit that.





Is that my oldest son AT as WIGGLES concert, wearing a BEATLES shirt?????
I love the irony!


Do you people not know me?  Do you not know that that's the way I roll.  It's just me.....the way I am.  The evidence is overwhelming.   For the record, I don't drink (much - lol) I don't do drugs, I go to work every day, (and there were days in the past where my class was so bad, I had to start taking Wellbutrin).  Why can't you just throw me this bone.  It's escapism at it's best and it is not hurting anybody.

Let me just say, that this Twilight thing of mine is not going anywhere anytime soon.


June will be here before we know it!

Wow!  That was like therapeutic!  Thanks for listening to my bullshit guys.  I feel a little better now that I got that out there.

4 comments:

  1. Testify sister!! You can come to my Edward Safe Zone anytime, just bring a sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my wonderful, Twitarded sister! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog site is beautiful, and your two-part post is great! I think all of us who started out following Twitarded and then branched out into our own blogs, etc., have a little (or a lot) of OCD tendencies, so you're not alone :) My kids are 24 and 21 and they are pretty tolerant of my obsession, but then they aren't here most of the time. My daughter lives on her own, and my son is in his senior year of college. My husband doesn't complain any more because he's reaping the benefits of a little thing called ff. He doesn't know that's what's going on (pretty sure he wants to thank Rob personally). He doesn't ask...I don't tell. The bottom line - you are in some good company here, so blog away. And put your damn shit back up in your house, woman. LOL! I love that you posted the picture of your room from your Beatles' days. I have one little 3x5 size picture left of my Sylvester Stallone obsessed days. Now you make me want to scan it and post it. I did do a post on my movie obsessions, though. I always meant to do a music one but got distracted. Pretty sure you can add ADD to the OCD. If you get bored, here's the link:
    RPattz and Baseball?.

    Well, I have my Monday post to get finished, and Mrs. P needs me to put on my Beta cap and finish editing Chapter 2. Keep blogging!

    Lisa

    P.S.: I know that's an older picture, but your kids are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa! I love your blog so much and I am honored that you became a follower of mine. I'm so excited that I have 10 now. Woohoo! ;)

    I have a 13 year old son who has been well documented, a 9 year old daughter who is Team Edward (but sometimes Team Jacob) and a 5 year old son who is now on his Beatles kick. I love that my daughter gives me an excuse from time to time to pick up the occasional Tiger Beat....SHE gets to hang Rob and Taylor pics in HER room....I'm so jealous! HeeHee

    You are absolutely right about putting my shit back up. :P I think I will put it back up a little at a time....maybe they won't notice. I try to keep my stuff hidden on the computer....after JJ and STY had that post about husbands getting into their Twipics. It actually had happened to me...but it was my son Jake putting the devil horns on Rob's beautiful pictures.

    I loved you post on your movie obsessions. Okay, I know I saw Dirty Dancing at the show at least 15 times, and Footloose is pretty close behind. I think we have a lot in common!!! Anyway, thanks again! I look forward to seeing your posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ask Edward

Twilight Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

EP Read-Along with TJA

Photobucket
Mafiaward's h00rs......

TheOnlyMrs(Kassie) Cullen
UtterlyAbsurd Bella
17Forever Lisa
kiTT
BellaDuluk
TwiKiwi50
itsjustme1217
Z Any Mouse
TwiloveSue
Robzsinger
Jen (PE's Ho)
HisBella
rpfangirldc
Jaymes805
Khara
TwitardedMom
norevoli
Cat
Trixie&Tess
ecbcrc4ever
Sara D.
LadyAli
itsroblated

Visitors