Sunday, November 15, 2009

My "O" Show Ticket Winning Essay

More than a few people have asked to read my "essay" that I wrote to score entry into the O show this past Friday. So here it is.....

OME!!!! (that's Oh My Edward in Twilight lingo) Since the first moment I picked up Twilight, I have been totally obsessed with the Twilight Saga. I have read all four books 15+ times since that first time, and and have no desire to stop rereading them . Each time I finish the last page of Breaking Dawn, I just want to read more. My friends and family think I'm crazy and my students (I'm a teacher) crack up when I show up to school with my Edward Cullen lunchbox. Okay, so Twilight has basically taken over my life. I've recently created a Twilight website and blog called Twilight Junkies Anonymous just to have a place to express my obsession. When Twilight was released on DVD, I threw a party with Twilight themed food, drinks and decorations. One thing I love about Twilight is that Bella is such a realistic, normal girl. She has her doubts about herself, but then she turns out (SPOILER ALERT) to be the most amazing vampire. Edward, is.....well....the most perfect man. I doesn't matter that he is a vampire. He is just beautiful and he's a gentleman. I love that Stephenie has just created this incredible world that is half reality and half fantasy, and she has found a way to blend the two seamlessly. You almost think that the fantasy part could exist. If I could ask Stephanie Meyer anything, I would ask her how she sees Edward and Bella years down the road, after Breaking Dawn. I would also like to ask her if there was any chance that she would publish Midnight Sun because the draft she has on her website is AMAZING! What inspires me about Stephenie's story is that she is mom like me and was able literally make her dream a reality. I would thank Stephenie for helping to escape reality for a few hours at a time, because when your plate is full, as mine is, you sometimes need somewhere to get away. My escape has been Forks, Washington this past year and I have loved every minute of it!
I did have to edit out one sentence so that I would stay within the 2000 character limit and that sentence was about when we had the Twilight party and Barb and I tried to put feathers on the table (nudge, nudge, wink, wink - Breaking Dawn) but had to take them off because they kept getting in the food. ;)
So, that's what I wrote. Maybe I went overboard. The chick across from us in the waiting room at the show said she wrote like 3 sentences and they called her to go sit in the good seats. So, I don't know what the secret is. I was kind of embarrassed to post this, but now that I'm reading it again, I feel kinda good about it. Probably because I know that the awesome Twi-peeps that will be reading it will get it and not think something is wrong with me! :)

1 comment:

Ask Edward

Twilight Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

EP Read-Along with TJA

Photobucket
Mafiaward's h00rs......

TheOnlyMrs(Kassie) Cullen
UtterlyAbsurd Bella
17Forever Lisa
kiTT
BellaDuluk
TwiKiwi50
itsjustme1217
Z Any Mouse
TwiloveSue
Robzsinger
Jen (PE's Ho)
HisBella
rpfangirldc
Jaymes805
Khara
TwitardedMom
norevoli
Cat
Trixie&Tess
ecbcrc4ever
Sara D.
LadyAli
itsroblated

Visitors