Monday, March 15, 2010

My Thoughts on Remember Me

I honestly have not been able to stop thinking about "Remember Me" since seeing it on Saturday.  I knew I wanted to write about it here on the blog, but I just wasn't ready.  I felt bad, because I felt like I should come running home from the theater and just start writing.  I couldn't.  I just needed time to process the whole thing.  Then, as I said in my post  this morning, my thoughts began to come together and become cohesive in the shower.  Well darn it, of course I had to go to work.  Ugh!  I literally had a spiral notebook with me all day, and if something popped in my head, I quickly jotted it down.  Even in the car coming home....I was jotting and driving.  Probably not the best idea.  So here I am.


Apparently opinions are wide and varied when it comes to Remember Me.  Okay, so this is  just my opinion.  First things first.  I loved "Remember Me".  I think Rob acted his ass off in this movie.  Remember Me really showed what he is capable of in a way that Twilight and New Moon do not.  I'm just going to say it.....out loud.  Say it!
Okay.....I think I like Rob better in Remember Me than in Twilight or New Moon.  There. It's out there.  I said it.  That doesn't mean I don't absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him in Twilight and New Moon (because I DO!) but I love him even MORE in Remember Me.  Maybe Tyler is more relatable character.  Yes I know that Edward is perfect, but you never here Edward call someone a pussy.  Right??? That scene totally cracked me up.
I thought Tyler and Ally made a cute couple, and they had great chemistry.  However,  I think I liked the scenes with Tyler and Caroline the best.  He was the most adorable big brother.  Heartmelting!!!!


The rest of this post is full of SPOILERS so stop now if haven't seen the movie yet!

Last chance........

I knew that the movie ended with 9/11 going into it, but I did not know that one of the characters died.  So the moment the camera panned away from Tyler standing in the window, allowing you to see that it was the World Trade Center, my heart just dropped into my stomach.  It touched a nerve - as it was supposed to.  When I walked out of the theater, I thought that last 10 minutes really completely changed the tone of the movie.  After having time to process the whole movie, I see it now as putting the last pieces of the puzzle in place.  The name of the movie is "Remember Me" and the tag line is "Live in the Moments".  Here is the perfect example of why it is important to live that way.  Why it was important that Tyler told Ally he loved her that morning.  You never, ever, know what is going to happen.  I don't think the end of the movie was a cheap shot at all.  9/11 happened. It is devastating, and sad, but true.  I thought is was done as tastefully as possible.  No planes going into the towers. The inference was there, and that was enough.  Movies,  as with all forms of art, are supposed to evoke an emotional response from us.  Remember Me did that.  It brings up feelings that we have tried to deal with these last 9 years, because we have tried go on with our lives, and not live in fear.  All in all, I think Remember Me is a wonderful movie with a very powerful message that you should live each day as if it were your last.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your take on Remember Me! My work friend that with me was pissed about the ending but had to agree with me that it was handled tastfully. See, we both work in emergency management and know some of the search and rescue workers who responded to the 9/11 tragedy so it really hit close to home for both of us. High five to you for not being plowed over by the ending and not missing the whole meaning behind the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @smuttierthanyou - thanks for your comment! :) I don't get too many.
    I've been reading a lot of fan reviews online and I think most people were pleased with how the movie handled this tragedy. I guess each person's response to the movie is such an individual thing, and depends on your experiences. Thanks for your support! And for following the blog....you're awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ask Edward

Twilight Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

EP Read-Along with TJA

Photobucket
Mafiaward's h00rs......

TheOnlyMrs(Kassie) Cullen
UtterlyAbsurd Bella
17Forever Lisa
kiTT
BellaDuluk
TwiKiwi50
itsjustme1217
Z Any Mouse
TwiloveSue
Robzsinger
Jen (PE's Ho)
HisBella
rpfangirldc
Jaymes805
Khara
TwitardedMom
norevoli
Cat
Trixie&Tess
ecbcrc4ever
Sara D.
LadyAli
itsroblated

Visitors