Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Twilight Junkie Tuesday Featuring.....Cat!

Well, Twilight Junkie Tuesday is back from hiatus, and we are featuring one of our awesome followers....Cat.

Cat, I just discovered, has a really cool blog called The Daily Twimes!  She is a funny chick and I think you will totally dig her take on all things Twilight.  So head on over there and show her some love - after you show her some love here in the comments! :)

Take it away Cat!


What got you into Twilight?
You know, the funny thing is it all stems back to my mother-in-law. I think if my FIL would let her, she'd just make her bed out of a gazillion books. One day, back in January of '09 I walk into her living room and see Twilight sitting on the couch. I pick it up and say "hmm yeah know, I've been curious to read this." Up til that point I only had heard people say they had read it. I hadn't even seen previews for the movie (I live in a closet, what can I say). She told me to take it and read it and tell her if it was worth it. Two weeks later and all the books read....well you know the rest.

Do your family and friends know how deep your twi-obsession goes (be specific about what your obsession is, how do you hide it, or how do you advertise it)
Everyone knows my life is Twilight. Even my 8 year old autistic son is Team Rosalie and is sure to let everyone know his mama is Team Edward. I absolutely adore the books and in turn I'm a fan of the movies. Even though parts of the movies make me squirm, I love them because the cast and crew loves the books. They are invested (and not just financially). I love this entire franchise. I absolutely do NOT hide it. In fact, I have a "Twilight Junkie" decal on the back of my car!

Are you team edward, team jacob, team (fill in the blank)? Why, is it because of the character or the person that plays them in the movie?
I am Team Edward loud and proud! I was Team E when I read the books and I continue to be Team Edward (and Team Rob) through the movies. The main reason I was sold on Edward was his absolute unconditional love. He would sacrifice his own happiness for Bella. The first time I read that he held Bella while she cried over Jacob....well, that sold me right there. And the fact that Rob plays him is just the bonus prize ;)

Which Twilight book is your favorite and why?
Short answer for this. Breaking Dawn because I get everything I wanted in the end. ha!

If you read fanfic and your willing to admit it which is your favorite story?
I do, and Emancipation Proclamation is my favorite with a close second of The Blessing and The Curse. CHECK THEM OUT!

Which person would you most likely still be into if they were not involved in Twilight; explain why.
A lot of chicks will hate me for this, but I love Kristen Stewart. Once I saw her in The Runaways, it just reaffirmed my love for her as an underdog (although I don't believe she is). She took that Joan Jett performance and whooped it's ass.

If you ever met your favorite Twilight star how would you react? What would you do or say.
You know, I've gone through this in my head so many times. If I met Rob, I would be respectful, but I also would give him my phone number and tell him the next time he was in Wisconsin to call me up for some beers and brats! I just hope that it would really turn out that way and not me joking on my own spit or something graceful like that.

If you were to replace any person in Twilight who would you replace them with and why.
This is an unfair question due to the fact that I love every single actor in this franchise. But I'm going to find a loop hole. Bryce as Victoria. Sorry Bryce, you are a great actress, but you aren't Rachelle!

How many times have you read the Twilight Saga? If you've read it multiple times, what makes you keep rereading? If you've only read it once, why haven't you reread it?????
I am on my 7th "revamp". Currently in the midst of New Moon. I re-read it because I always find something new. And I still have the same strong emotions as I did when I read it for the first time. It's the only book(s) that has ever had a permanent spot next to my bed.


What is your most precious item in your Twilight collection and why? (share pics if possible)
As you can see, I have a special place for my Twilight collection and I love all the "stuff" I have, but my most cherished is that big poster board between the Rob posters. It is slowly growing. That board holds all the gifts and cards all my twi-sisters have given and/or made for me and it means so much! My son even drew a picture of the Cullens so I added it as well. I love that board!


What is the craziest Twilight related thing you've done? (include pics if possible)
I really wish I had a "craziest" story, but let me tell you I would do pretty much anything to win a trip to the Breaking Dawn set! For the Eclipse midnight premiere I painted my car up with car markers (see one of the pics Twilight Eclipse or Bust!) Also, I'm traveling from Milwaukee to Nashville JUST to be with the rest of my Twi-sisters that I've met on twilightmoms next March for the Twilight convention!


What is your favorite song from the Twilight Saga and why?
Again, UNFAIR! I love those soundtracks! If I had to pick ONE song, it would be "Hearing Damage" by Thom Yorke. The eeryness of the song and the scenes that went a long with it play constantly in my head when I hear it.

Tell us your favorite quote from each book?
"Be Safe" - Edward, Twilight
"When I told you that I didn’t want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy." - Edward, New Moon
"The clouds I can handle. But I can’t fight with an eclipse." - Jacob, Eclipse
"Um… carefully, Bella. Ow." - Edward, Breaking Dawn

Has Twilight taken over your life? Explain.
Well, it prompted me to do something I've hated doing all my life. Write. I started a blog finally this year called The Daily Twimes. I truly try to keep it updated daily and try to keep it snarky. Besides the blog, everyone I come in contact to I usually end up talking about Twilight and talking them INTO reading it. I've met some true friends from all around the world because of it. It's taken over my craft room (see picture) and even inspired some of my jewelry pieces and art. Twilight is in my daily life. Some may say it's a superficial interest, but it has also lead me to donating my time and money to some great organizations like Alex's Lemonade Stand to help fight childhood cancer.

Tell us anything else Twilighty about yourself that you would like to share.
I usually wouldn't admit this, but when I'm shopping for clothing or putting together outfits, I'm usually in twi-mode. So many things in my life are reflected even sub-consciously! I love Twilight and I love this fandom! I'm so glad I found twilight junkies anon! 


Thanks Cat for letting us get to know you!  I totally love your little Twilight space that you carved out for yourself!  It's so cute!  I wish I could do something like that. :(

12 comments:

  1. Great interview Cat! Love your Twi(Rob)happy place! Looks like a great place to be inspired to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! So glad we connected :) I'm very lucky we have a finished basement. Hubby doesn't particularly like doing the laundry down there, but oh well. baha!
    btw, I realized I made a typo. It's supposed to say "choking on my own spit" not "joking" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Cat!!!

    Love ya, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEY CAT!! Love ya!!

    I'm in my Rob/Twi happy place over here in the UK too... and I love that we have the same New Moon poster! I didn't realise that before!

    Congrats on being Twilight Junkie this week!!! Love your answers - 'specially the quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cat thank you for sharing with us!!!!

    I love that you painted your car window for Eclipse... you are giving me ideas... Breaking Dawn or Bust lol.

    Your Twilight board is awesome. I love that your son is Team Rosalie, very smart young man, going for the strong woman that doesn't take crap from anyone.

    EP is a great fic and since you rec'd it I will take your word and try Blessing/Curse! The way to this Twijunkies heart is through her favorite ff's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you Cat! I love your board, I have a few items I could send you that you could add to it. I have a similar happy place where I'm surrounded with my proud twi-possessions too! Since you're an EP fan I know you have good taste, so I will take your suggestion and read Blessing/Curse next. I love these Tuesday's, I get introduced to so many interesting people.I'll be peeking in on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone!
    Kassie and belladuluk - Blessing/Curse is a different style of writing (I describe it as very eloquent/beautiful), but the madness and passion in it is there too! I want to know what you gals think!
    It's finished also....speaking of....hope EP updates soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I can't believe I left out one of my other fav FFs! gah!
    Osa Bella by Myg (sorry Myg, my brain has deflated recently)

    MUST GO READ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these posts!! I'm diggin' Cat! I love her devotion...and her work space with Twilight memorabilia everywhere! I have a board similar to that in my office! :) I already checked out her blog and became a follower!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cat- I can't wait for the newest EP chapter to come out.. I'm getting really antsy!!! Osa Bella rocks, I can't believe Myg is going to finish it when she's in FOOOOORKS, I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know HOW she will with all that hootin' and hollerin and other debauchery going on!
    I'll be sad both are ending, but that just means we can re-read it from beginning to end, woo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could have SWORN I responded to Tess, btw.... anyways, Tess thanks! I've started the IRWTSMN diet as well.....right after this puff pastry

    ReplyDelete

Ask Edward

Twilight Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

EP Read-Along with TJA

Photobucket
Mafiaward's h00rs......

TheOnlyMrs(Kassie) Cullen
UtterlyAbsurd Bella
17Forever Lisa
kiTT
BellaDuluk
TwiKiwi50
itsjustme1217
Z Any Mouse
TwiloveSue
Robzsinger
Jen (PE's Ho)
HisBella
rpfangirldc
Jaymes805
Khara
TwitardedMom
norevoli
Cat
Trixie&Tess
ecbcrc4ever
Sara D.
LadyAli
itsroblated

Visitors