Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seeing Eclipse and Rob - All Within 24 Hours!!!!! O....M.....E!!!!!! Part 1

I am still completely overwhelmed right now.  And sleep deprived....I feel like I have a hangover!  But I promised details, so here we go.  Let me just say right now, that I am going to include spoilers for both Eclipse (but you guys all read the book, so really, you know what happens) and for the Oprah show.


I'll start with Eclipse last night.  


 Big thanks to Victoria for the pictures.  Not being allowed to have any kind of electronic device is kind of a pain because if you have something on you, then you have to check it, and then pick it up after the movie or show.  So thanks to Victoria for keeping her camera to take pics, even though she had to check it.


Kristen, Victoria, Kassie and me arrived at the theater pretty early.  The theater didn't even know where we were supposed to line up or anything.  So we went to eat in the theaters lounge, which was really nice! 
Of course as soon as we ordered some food, we hear that people are starting to line up.  We scarfed our food down, prayed that Rob wasn't lurking around somewhere to see us scarf, and then headed down to the line.  We were like the 3rd group in line.  Yay!!!!
Oh yeah!!!!  We are totally in the right place.  The marquee actually said Eclipse at first, but I think they changed it to T.S.3 because of crashers.
 Finally we got to the Oprah table to get our wristbands and popcorn coupons. 
Oh the fun you can  have with coupons and wristbands!  LOL!
We  had to take all these pictures of our coupons because when you turn them in for the actual popcorn and drink, you don't get them back. :(

Once we got into the actual theater, we had decent seats and then spent the next hour waiting impatiently for Eclipse to begin and speculating whether or not Rob, Kristen and Taylor would show up for the screening.  How could we have even dreamed that at that moment Rob was ringing doorbells in Naperville and other suburbs!!! (More on that later in my Oprah post!)

Okay, are you ready for Eclipse?????
I absolutely, positively loved Eclipse more than New Moon and even more than Twilight.  It was that good!  Yeah, there were a few moments where you could tell that they hadn't quite finished, but all in all amazing.  At one point, 2 of the wolves were still in cartoon form....to be filled in later, but that was really the only obvious sign that it was a work in progress.

Rob was gorgeous in Eclipse.  He is much happier, less angsty.  There were a lot of really really close up shots of his face....*sigh*, but Kassie pointed out that you could kinda see the make-up more.  He wardrobe was hotter and more casual....I really hated that suit in New Moon. 
His eyes eyes look gold in this pic, but I am sure they were black with thirst in this part of the movie.

Kristen was really great.  I thought she was less twitchy.  The wig had it's good moments and bad moments.  If she kinda had her hair swooped to the side off her forehead, it looked natural, but when it was parted down the middle, it looked very wiggy.  

Taylor....is it possible that his abs got bigger, better and tighter?  Holy hotness Batman!!!  I'm not team Jacob, but man did Taylor look good.  I think you guys will love his one liners, a little preview for Breaking Dawn.  The tension between Jacob and Edward is really really there, and brings out some great lines from both Taylor and Rob!

The Cullens - Rosalie, Alice, and Esme looked much better, and very bad ass in the fight scene.  Emmett looked hot as usual and he had some great one liners, but Carlisles hair was a bit of a hair helmet.  I loved Jasper, despite his hideous hair, because that cute little Southern drawl made up for the bad hair and Jasper had a lot more to say in this movie!

Riley is totally hot, but Victoria is not.  I miss Rachelle.   Dallas Bryce-Howard doesn't quite pull of bad-ass as well as Rachelle.


Highlights from Eclipse

-First of all, Eclipse has way more LOL moments than either of the other 2 movies combined.  
-Definitely some hot and heavy making out with Edward and Bella.  Me likey!
ooooh, Bella throwing Edward to the ground! Nice!

-Edward totally goes off on Jacob after he kisses Bella and she breaks her hand.  Like he is really pissed! Not the angry, but still very calm Edward in the book.  Really pissed off, yelling at Jacob, Edward. I ♥♥♥♥ angry Rob!  He's so freaking hot!

-The proposal included hot and heavy making out, the leg hitch (YEAH BABY!!!!!)  and a very, very, (like brings tears to your eyes!) emotional Edward asking Bella to marry him.  AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!  It was really sweet.  The best line here is after Edward thwarts Bella's advances, and she's like saying, you don't want me, and Edward is like, "Bella, believe me, I WANT TO"  GAH! You just gotta love the way Rob delivers that line!!!!

-The tent scene is basically what it is in the book.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  The only thing that is missing, which I would have loved to have in the movie, was Edward unzipping the sleeping bag and Jacob falling out on the cold floor of the tent.  
-The fight scene is kick-ass!  I know it wasn't totally done and fine-tuned yet, but you will love it.  Everyone in the theater went "oooooh!" during the fight.
-Jasper telling Bella his backstory! You will love Jasper's accent, and he is cute as hell in the flashbacks.  Then after he comes back to the present, he and Alice share a cute little lovey dovey kissy moment.  :) Yay!

Okay, those are some of the highlights that are popping up in my weary, sleep-deprived brain.  I think I'm probably telling you way too much, and this post is already too long.  I've decided to make it a two-part post.  Part 2 will be about the Oprah show.

So if there is anything you want to ask me about Eclipse, feel free to ask in the comments.

♥Marie





27 comments:

  1. Wow you all looked so happy! Thank you! I've been waiting all day for this!

    OH man you tell me Rob showed up at people's houses! OME I should have known!

    I like the sound of angry Edward going off on Jacob after the face punch.

    I'm on cloud 9 and might be back with a question or email you. I'm so excited so I can only imagine how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is making me sooooo excited to see it now. I'm so glad that there are more LOL moments. I love those. And now I really can't wait to see after Bella punches Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing you didnt mention that must be said is for the limited lines of Charlie and some of the wolf pack... they gave some of the best LOL moments of the whole movie. The whole theater erupted into laughter when pack was teasing Jake about calling or not calling Bella; in front of her. Charlie finding out about the Jake/Bella kiss or OMFG the "sex talk" scene gaaahhhh LMAO!!!!!
    Other then that OMG you nailed it and remembered more then I did. And Jasper *wipes drool* looked so hot in that Confederate uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the fight scene didn't suck! That was my main concern about this movie. This is my favorite book, so I was seriously worried they'd totally eff it up. Sounds like they didn't! Super happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kassie! If I missed any other good moments, please post them on here. The wolf pack and Charlie were hilarious!!!! I loved Bella's reaction to the Sex talk as much as Charlie's! Those were some awesome funny moments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Marie, like TT I have been waiting for this all day!! I had to work late and am just now sitting down to check emails. I appreciate you keeping me up to speed as much as possible via email, too :)

    I still am just in awe that you got to see the movie, ROB, Kristen, ROB, Taylor, ROB, Dakota, ROB...LOL!

    Looks like you four had an awesome time. How could you not? Thank you for the run down on the movie. I was going to try and stay spoiler-free, but this is too good to pass up. As you said, we've read the book. My stomach is doing flip-flops just thinking about Rob showing the range of emotions you mentioned.

    I know you're tired, but thanks for sharing this with us. Can't wait for Part 2.

    Mwah!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of something I wanted to ask. Was the sound better on the movie? Meaning, could you hear Rob better?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why couldn't Rob have come to my house? Just one call away

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES 17L, I wanted to know the same thing. The first time I saw NM in the theater I missed most of what Rob muttered. Since having the DVD I understand now why I missed most of it but do you think you guys caught all the diaglogue?

    I know you are tired so feel free to answer whenever. I just sit here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lisa - No problems hearing Rob! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sound was much better in this film, he did seem to be louder and mumbled and whispered less. When he yells at Jake mmmmmmm I was like oh please yell at me!!! LOL but seriously they all sounded much clearer I just hope they don't eff it up with background music/sounds or something ridiculous like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just discovered your blog...Lisa directed me over here. I know you have commented on mine (thank you!), but when I clicked on your profile to see who you were, you don't have a link to your own blog. Just an FYI...

    I am soooo happy and jealous that you got to do all of this. I am dying to hear about your Oprah experience! Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us. I added you to my blog roll. :)

    xo Twired Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review, I'm so happy for you that you got to see the movie already and this makes me all the more excited to see it myself. I think I would keel over and die if Rob rang my doorbell. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lu from RobsessionMay 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM

    Thanks a lot for the amazing report!! u made us feel like we were there with u!!
    I am so curious about the score in the movie and the soundtrack..
    also the last scene when Bella goes to Jacob?

    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, SO JEALOUS!!!! But, if anyone deserves to have had this day...it's YOU, Marie! You are one dedicated stalker! I love it! Thanks for sharing your experience with your fellow Obsesso's, I'm living vicariously through you guys...and I still consider myself a newbie at this Twitard stuff! Waiting anxiously to read about Oprah, and running to put May 13 on my calendar (right?)! (It was on my People.com update this morning, May 13!) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks a lot!!
    Are you planning to do a detailled version of the movie??
    I'd loved to read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you and thanks for generously sharing! There are so many questions!So there is no Alice kidnapping?? What about when she sleeps on the sofa and Edward comes in and puts her in the bed, please say they have that scene when she wakes up to find she's in bed and he's there in the middle of the night?? What about the scene in Edwards garage, where she finds the motorcycle he buys and she wears the get up to protect herself? What about when he picks her up at the boundary line after the campfire scene and she's asleep? oh want to know it all! If you can go detail to detail it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  18. @fran - the whole kidnapping stuff is totally left out of the movie. I am so disappointed....there is so much I love about that aspect of the book. Bella calling Edward and leaving the message telling him that "Grizzlies are going to look tame compared to what's waiting for you at home" The motorcycle stuff left out too. :( They did include Edward dropping Bella off at that boundary line and Edward planting a big wet one on Bella just to piss off Jacob and then Jacob grabbing her and hugging her after she crosses the line and Jacob is like, "hey beautiful" just to piss Edward off. You know what else is cut out that I love.....when Bella leaves LaPush and is driving and then suddenly looks in her rear view mirror and suddenly Edward's Volvo is like inches from her. Well, I guess you have to cut some stuff to get it into a 2 hour movie.
    ♥Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. @anonymous - well, they cut out the whole part where Alice kidnaps Bella, so we miss that part where Edward comes back in the middle of the night and wakes her up....and well, that's when we have the leg hitch. They kinda combined that with the make out scene right before Edward proposes. Edward is more subtle about it too in the movie, but it is sexy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...thanks for this...something to hold us over. i'm wondering during Jasper's flashback do they show the part where Alice and Jasper meet in a dinner? Or do they show the "gotcha" part during the training of fighting? does jacob (wolf) lick bella at the training? is there the whole chess game between Alice and Edward? and does Edward screw with Bella's truck and then she goes and slams her window only to open it up again? i'm sorry, its just those were some cute parts of the book and wondering if it made it thru. but again, thanks for all the stuff you told us about...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome! lucky you and can't wait for June 30

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Liza - Jasper talks about meeting Alice but it is him speaking in the present so it's not part of the flashback where you see it. Then Alice and Japser get all kissy and it's just Bella sitting there, y'know looking uncomfortable - the way you do when a couple is all kissy in front of you. LOL
    - the gotcha thing with Alice is not as cute as it is in the book - I don't even think she says it, she just kisses Jasper.
    - Edward does screw with Bella's truck and scares the crap out of her when he suddenly appears next to her, but they left out the window slamming part.
    You will still LOVE it even with stuff missing....trust me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Chowie and Liza - Welcome to the blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow thanks for answering the questions! i'm sure it will be awesome. if you didn't even see the completed thing and are blown away. btw...just thought i would let you know that i found you thru twicrackaddicts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved your post! Thanks for all the info.

    How did you get picked to watch the move, and go to Oprah? curious....

    You can email me at: batc1972@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello and thank you!!
    Can you tell me how many kisses between E and B and can you describe in which scene they are?

    ReplyDelete

Ask Edward

Twilight Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

EP Read-Along with TJA

Photobucket
Mafiaward's h00rs......

TheOnlyMrs(Kassie) Cullen
UtterlyAbsurd Bella
17Forever Lisa
kiTT
BellaDuluk
TwiKiwi50
itsjustme1217
Z Any Mouse
TwiloveSue
Robzsinger
Jen (PE's Ho)
HisBella
rpfangirldc
Jaymes805
Khara
TwitardedMom
norevoli
Cat
Trixie&Tess
ecbcrc4ever
Sara D.
LadyAli
itsroblated

Visitors